My Interview With God


Brought to you by Internet Marketing site.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Jade Again

So here it be yet again pen to pad expressing life. From the back of a squad car I watched as my former life of confidence, love, peace, and pure joy faded away as we drove away. A dark voice telling me to sit up. As if to say, sit up boy so that everyone can see you being taken to jail.
Before the epiphany of the above moment I was on my way. Though my accomplishments were minor, they were mine to have. As a child I had a natural talent for fixing things. You name it I could fix it. It only seemed natural for me to apply for a maintenance job I’d seen in the local paper. At 17 I was a shoo-in for the job. Making adult money I moved into my first apartment. Yeah baby, yeah! I had things going for my-self. I was dating the “hot girl”, and lived in a “nice area”, driving the “bad car”. Heck I even got a promotion a few months after starting my job. I was assigned to work at a new complex. There were only 2 of us at the time I arrived. It was myself and the maintenace supervisor, who was hired mainly because he knew how to clean pools. Both of us were new to the property and things were going just fine. I was training my supervisor on maintenance issues and he was training me on clerical duties. Part of my responsibilities was pre-move in (punch out) inspections. Basically making sure the unit is ready for the new tenant to move in. 4:30pm Friday, March 30th, I went to the last unit on my list to punch out. 4:55pm. I lock up the unit and proceed to check the outside storage area which was 3x3 sq. ft of space. To my surprise the space was full of stuff. I mean there was a ironing board, old books, milk crates, shoes, encyclopedias’, a box of glasses, and an old hand held black and white TV set. Man it was 5 minutes to quitting time. A storm was coming and I was ready to go home. I hurried to the office to check our move in-out board. A new tenant was scheduled to move in on Monday. Dang! So the space had to be cleared. Everyone was already gone for the day, and by it being Friday this had to be done. I went back and cleared the space. 2-3 trips to the dumpster and it was done…..
Monday April 3, 9:00am. I walk into the office and right away I sense something’s wrong. I see the office manager waving for me to come over. She’s standing there with a black female whom was introduced to me as Rebecca Stauton. The office manager asked me one question. It would change my life forever. She said, “Jade, did you see any stuff in the storage unit of 735?” Before I could gather myself a “NO” came out.
To be continued…

No comments: