My Interview With God


Brought to you by Internet Marketing site.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Africa

Why is that Africans don't like us black Americans? I know we Americans can have a smug attitude at times. Yet the core of who we are is African. What it must feel like to be born and raised in Africa. A place I envision to be of such beauty. Gods chosen paradise. I know we often fear the unknown which may be portrayed through laughter or tautness. This is our arrogance to believe that since we're not used to something, the something must be wrong. I strongly stand against such stupidity. Who are we to group people into this box of you're not like me so....? I want the connection that we should have to be mended so that we can experience one another unlike any other race of people. It's time to put away our petty differences and come together to rebuild a bloodline that was snatched away so many years ago. We are uniquely linked unlike any other group of people. I'll be the first to say there is much I can learn from my brothers and sisters in Africa. Such as family! Such as strength! Such as faith! Such as recognizing true beauty! Although it's whispered that because I'm America I'm not liked; To that I say forgive me of my ignorance and teach me a better way of intertwining with you, as my ancestors did some 450 years ago.

1 comment:

sandra said...

I like that a lot... As an african let me say that i am sorry if any of us has made you feel like we dislike you. And by you i mean african american. I think part of the issue is that everyone else seem to view us (african and african american0 as the same. Which on a superficial level might seem ok but in reality we are so very different. It is more like we (african and african american ) were adopted and raised by different families. So yes we are blood related but our cultures and stories are different. The narrative of an imigrant in the usa is very different from one of a native american. However, different is not always bad and i feel like they are so much that can be learn from the two cultures.