My Interview With God


Brought to you by Internet Marketing site.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Jaheem

Moved to tears as I listen to the story of 11 year old Jaheem of The Virgin Islands. His parents moved to the US where Jaheem attended a Dekalb County School. I'm not going to make this long. Basically after being bullied at school because of his accent for quite some time, little Jaheem came home from school one day and went to his room where he took a belt and went to his closet and hanged himself. My prayers go out to his family. I can only imagine what was going on in his head to have his life taken in such a way. He reminds me of my son. Listening to his mom talk about how happy and playful he was, simply moved me to tears. This was an 11 year old! 11! There are people around us daily that carry hurt or fear or even pain. To anyone that may find these words that think that all hope is lost, please know that it IS NOT!!! This may seem like a cliché but I'll say it anyway........if you need help or someone to talk to, please don't give up until you find it or someone. I truly want to say more, but as I said, I don't want to make this long. Now get out and enjoy life, it's a nice day outside.

2 comments:

*Diane* said...

i heard about this, ridiculous and sad :-(

Shannia said...

LAst year my friends 10 year old son put a knife to his troath and told his mom he wanted to kill himself because he would never be like other kids. He's mentally challenged, a little slow, nothing to be too worried about but he'll never be a brain surgeon.
I don't know what's happening to our youth but it's sad.
My prayers go to his family.