My Interview With God


Brought to you by Internet Marketing site.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Suicide

Suicide is a real thing. It affects many people around you rather you realize it or not. I am no doctor and I have no formal training in regards to depression or suicide, but I would like to offer up advice to everyone; listen to those around you. I mean listen to their everything. Always speak life into their life. If you hear sadness or pain, talk about it. Ask them if they are ok, but in order to get them to open up, they will have to know that you are asking because you care. You have to be sincere in your listening. Their very life could depend on it.

I lost my cousin in the tragic club death in Chicago. He was trampled to death after a panic inside the club and tragically 20 other young adults were killed as well. I think about him a lot but I also think about his mother, my aunt Mary. I can feel her brokenness every time I see her. I can see her sparkle has dimmed a lot. I am sure there have been moments where she has felt that the pain would never leave and that it would be easier to simply rest, but by the grace of God she still stands in the gap. I have failed her because I have not asked her how she is doing. I haven't asked in part because I already know but perhaps she would still like someone to just listen. Sometimes I think she can read my thoughts and that she'll just know that I'm here for her but I cannot trust in that and I will do better.

No comments: