My Interview With God


Brought to you by Internet Marketing site.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Congratulations

I wish I could say congratulations I don't know how to feel just yet. I mean, I've given myself to you in ways that I thought you'd like. I've done things that I never thought I do for someone. I laughed with you and listened to your thoughts about what you did and did not like about xy and z. I know there were no promises but deep down I'd been choosing you. There were days I looked in the mirror and didn't recognize the person starring back at me. My life has been on hold while I waited for you. I thought you saw me, but now I see even I was blind. As I watch you pack your things, I found myself overwhelmed with emotion as I reflected over the last 5 years we've spent together. I'm so full of despair that I'm empty. I still smile for you in a pretense joy that you seek of me. I could see the excitement in your movement, before you whispered those words. "We're having a baby. My wife is pregnant." I loved you so much that all I could do was smile and remain silent but inside it was as if my bones were literally breaking. I guess I always knew there was a possibility that you'd choose her over me....I mean duh, you did marry her before meeting me. So silly of me to dream of a 'you and I', but I believed you when you said, "I'm going to tell her soon". So now, as I watch you walk down the hall for the last time, with all your bags, I wish I could say congratulations, but for the first time in 5 years I thought about her. I thought about all the lies you must've told her. I thought about the possibility that maybe I wasn't the only other woman. I thought about the pain she'd feel if she ever knew who you were. It was then that I knew that I couldn't let you just walk away and continue to bring harm to people in your path. It was then that I decided to.......... Want more??

No comments: